Thursday, May 8, 2014

bi like a bicycle

As many of you know, I came out as bisexual this year, well i guess last year technically, it was in 2013, and for me finally opening up about my sexuality, I sure do get alot of shit about it. People always question it, like all the time. Literally the first thing I hear is "how do you really know if you've never had sex?" Here's how I know, I'm attracted to women. Simple as that. I don't live "the best of both worlds" I live in a world where people think I'm going through a phase, where I don't fit neatly into a single category, a world where I'm expected to be one or the other.

I'm so tired of hearing "why do you like women when you have such nice boys around?" I hear that from my own damn family, and no, I don't expect conservative East Texas Southern Baptists to understand that I'm allowed to love whomever I want, that I'm allowed to live my own life. Just because I'm in a relationship with a man doesn't mean I'm straight, Just because I'm in a relationship with a woman doesn't mean I'm a lesbian. LIfe isn't black and white, it's 50 shades of gray.

I may grow up and marry a man, I may grow up and marry a woman, but guess what? That's okay. It is so okay. Because they will be someone who loves me and cares for me passionately. God made wen and women, why not enjoy both? I am more than my sexuality. I'm up front about it to everyone I go on dates with, and if they can't accept that, then they don't deserve me. But out of all the dates I've been on this year, that has been like 2 people that have had a problem with it. How can strangers accept me, but own family can't?

I am smart. I am beautiful. I am so many things. and I am bisexual, but that doesn't define me, it's a part of me, and it's about time people, especially members of my own family, accepted that. Have all of me or have none of me.

"Life is hard, it's all about road blocks and set backs, but it's so worth living, every single moment is, every man woman and child is worth living for. Life sucks sometimes and People will hurt you and take advantage of you, but at the end of the day, love who you are. Life is worth it, love is worth it, and it's about time we realized that" 




No comments:

Post a Comment